• Offering private obedience training lessons in the East Bay
• Specializing in the safe and effective use of electric collars
• Appropriate for specific problem solving or general obedience training
Contact me using this form
I first became interested in dog training shortly after graduating high school. Within a couple years, I decided to make my interest a profession. I left my home in Berkeley and traveled to St. Louis to attend a year long trade school called the Tom Rose School for Professional Dog Trainers. It was really a great experience and I learned a lot about training all types of dogs. Probably the best part of the experience was the practical, effective, down-to-earth training methods they taught. After graduation, I moved to Missoula Montana to start my own business and finish my undergraduate degree at the University of Montana. During that time I experimented with lots of different training approaches in the process of developing my own personal style. That was when I truly learned about the value of training dogs with an electric collar. Today, I'm glad to be back in the Bay Area and offering a training service that I'm quite proud of.
WHO IT IS FOR:
• For anyone wanting to fix a specific problem with their dog or wanting general obedience training.
• Especially effective for those interested in off leash control.
• No potty training service offered.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Begin by calling or emailing to set up a free evaluation.
• Private lessons in local public parks or other public areas. No group classes offered.
• Together, we train standard obedience commands or work on your specific problems.
• Emphasis on reliability both on and off leash.
• Positive and negative reinforcement based methods used for motivation. Specifically, the tools used are food, prong collars, and electric collars.
• Full obedience program usually takes 10-15 lessons. Programs requiring fewer lessons are available.
• Approximately 1 hour per lesson.
• 1 to 3 lessons per week is ideal.